Sunday, November 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Samantha!

Samantha, your birthday was WAY back in July and I'm just now getting around to posting about it.  But it was a fantastic day.  I think you felt really loved!  We decorated in pink:


And kept the table setting tradition we have around here:


The week of your birthday you attended a little "dance camp" that a couple of YW were putting on.  You loved it and to make things even better, you had a dance recital on your birthday!  Here you are all ready to go:
 You are SO stinkin adorable!

Your sweet teachers had you come up before the recital so everyone could sing happy birthday to you.  You look a bit nervous, but it really made you so proud and happy!

I just loved watching you perform.  So did Nanna and Grumpa.  Daddy had to work, but we taped it for him and he loved watching you later.  You took it so seriously and really tried to do exactly what your teachers said:
 
 Look at those cute toes!  And in the next one that cute little ribbon tail!
 
 Your good friend Maddie was in the recital with you.  She also came to lunch with you afterward.
You chose McDonalds for lunch and we took Maddie.
 
 Nanna and Grumpa were there too!

Looking Good!




You got a lot of presents and had all your cousins over (which I think was the best present of all!)
 And I think  you really liked your new princess dress!
 You are so ADORABLE!  This is you as I walk over with your cake.  You really wanted a pink carousel cake.  Luckily, Barbara had just the "topper" to a make that happen:

Samantha,  I love and adore you.  I cannot believe you are already 4 years old.  It still seems like you should be that sweet little baby with the HUGE, beautiful blue eyes staring up at me so innocently in the hospital as I gently blocked the light so you could open them for the first time. 

Well, you still have the beautiful blue eyes, but you have become an amazing little girl.  You have a fiesty personality and stand up for what you want.  I love that about you.  I am amazed at your creativity and passion for creating things.  I think you make me a new card, picture etc at least a daily if not a few times a day.  I love that you love to give.  You not only make things for me, but for your Dad, siblings, cousins, grandparents and each one of your teachers and friends.  ALL.  THE.  TIME.

I love your imagination.  One of my very favorite things to do is to secretly stand in the next room and just listen to you and Hannah play "house."  It is so fun to hear the things you come up with and to hear you imitate me (usually in good ways, but not always!  haha).

I love the relationship you have with your little sister.  You love her deeply and the two of you have so much fun together.  I love how you watch out for her and protect her even though you are only 18 months older.

You amaze me everyday with your kindness and you make me feel loved every day with your sweet hugs and that amazing smile.  I am so blessed to be your mother!  I love you sweet Sam!  I sure hope you know that.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I could have seen you dance! I didn't even recognize you in that first pix with your hair all pulled back. Happy happy birthday girlie girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet thoughts Misty. Samantha is lucky to have such a mother. She is adorable and I too loved watching her dance.

    ReplyDelete