Sunday, March 9, 2014

Valentines Day

We've always been pretty anti-valentines day around here.  Luckily it isn't one sided....Cory and I both feel the same way....We should say / show "I love you" every day, not just cause some holiday tells us to.  So, we don't typcially do much special on V day.  But funny thing...this year, we both ended up doing something for each other.  Cory bought me flowers:

 and I wrote him "I love you because" notes on post its and put them on teh bathroom mirror.  So, it was fun.

But we do have a few fun traditions for the kids on valentines.  I always write them a note using this program so it prints out in the shape of a heart (that is what is on the table above)

We have milk with hearts for breakfast:

And a fun valentine's lunch of some sort.

And this year we had chicken noodle soup with heart shaped carrots.

We did the simple / easy (store bought) valentines for school, but then I let the kids make 5 homemade valentines each and we drove around and delivered them to anyone they wanted to.  They each picked either their school teacher or primary teacher (or both) which was cute.  They picked random friends, Nanna, Grumpa and some cousins.  And then Noah picked this cute little girl in our ward name Jane.  He barely knows her, but was SUPER excited to give her a valentine.  It was so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment