Sunday, April 21, 2013

We are In!

 Whoo Hoo!

We moved into our new home 3 weeks ago.  We are slowly getting settled in and loving it.  We feel incredibly blessed.  We actually feel a bit guilty sometimes that we have such a fantastic home.  We are just pinching ourselves...are we really old enough for this?  I think it will take me a VERY long time to hang anything on the walls.....don't want a hole in the wall until I'm SURE!

I love all the memory making b/c I feel like it is so much more permanent here.  I want my kids to remember baking with Mom in the kitchen and wrestling with Dad in the basement.  I love the running around the halls and from the back door to the front door.  I want them to remember jumping on the tramp while mom exercises and singing around the piano.  I am much more motivated to keep up traditions and do what I can to bring the spirit into OUR home.  We are very blessed!

Living Areas:


Basement family room with kitchenette

Basement family room from other side.  ET Center is not completed yet. Hopefully soon!


Upstairs living area.  We REALLY need some area rugs / runners in here and a couple extra chairs. Eventually....


 
Bedrooms:


Pretty In Pink!  The Girl's Room

Cory has wanted a blue bedroom forever.  We will eventually change out the bedding to match a bit better....
Boy's Favorite colors are Red (Noah) and Green (Micah), so they got both in their room



Bathrooms:

Master Bath.  The medicine cabinet mirrors are GREAT!  We have more storage space than we know what to do with here!
Master bath from other side.  LOVE the bench in the shower and I'm a bath taker for reading and relaxation every night.  Love this big corner tub!

Kid's bath.  We were still missing the mirror when I took the picture.  Gave them two sinks and a separate shower since they will be sharing for a long time!  I LOVE all the colors here.  The walls are actually a bit more aqua than they look here, a bit more green.  Also love the "can't share germs" toothbrush holders!

Had these made for the kids and love the white / color contrast.
Guest bath in the basement...connects to guest room.
Powder Bath.  Only for guests!  Finally one bathroom that I can keep my potty training, poor aiming kids out of so I've always got at least one clean toilet!  (-:
 Kitchen:
Fun Aqua door makes me smile everyday.  Both our microwaves broke within a few days of moving in.  So, that is what is missing in the open spot near the door.
This is one of my favorite cabinets.  I designed them all, but especially like how this one (and the two in the next picture) turned out.  Still missing doors for it though.  (-:

Yes, I'm OCD.  LOVE being organized and not having much of anything on my counters!
Having a place for all my small appliances is fantastic!  There are even outlets in this cabinet so I can USE the ones on teh bottom right in the cabinet (yes, the doors close when i'm not using them)
My Dream Pantry!  LOVING having so much of our food at my fingertips.
Cory tiled the bar here himself!  Way to go "fix it man!"
Kitchenette in the basement


Other Stuff:

Exercise Room.  We have a treadmill we still need to put together.  I LOVE having somewhere in my home to exercise.  SO much more motivated to do something when it is right there.  The kids like jumping while I work out.  (-:

Saw this fun entryway on pinterest.  Nice for guests to have a place to hang stuff without having to look in the messy coat closet!
We are still trying to get the storage room organized.  We have most of the shelves set up and some of the food moved in.  The silver shelves will have tubs full of holiday stuff, "memorable" stuff, camping gear etc.  The black shelves will all hold food.
My Office...I'll get a new desk someday, but for now, it is just fantastic to have my own space and so much light!

 Playroom
This was SO, SO fun to design and put together for the kids. 
The whiteboard is also a magnet board.  Went with hard floors so they have somewhere to do trains / puzzles

My talented bro in law, Marvin, made this for all our dressups!

Garbage can holds all the stuffed animals

I made that bench seat!  Whoo Hoo for non-crafty me!

 Closets:
This is seriously one of my very favorite things about our house.  I LOVE to be organized and we put in a lot of very custom closets!
Coat Closet.  Hooks instead of hangers.  Can't stand hangers.
Game Closet in basement living area.  Plus pillow pets and blankets for watching movies.
This is the closet in my office.  My favorite thing is the over the door wrapping supplies organizer.  LOVE it.  Also love having a place for all my supplies!
Isn't she cute?  This is the upstairs hall closet.  The hole you can see looks into the master bedroom closet.  We can drop clothes down a laundry chute from either place.  (-:





This closet is in the master bath.  Medicines and extra toiletries.
Downstairs linen closet in hall

The boy's bedroom closet.  8 ft long.  Each side has two sections for hanging clothes.  Shared folded clothes section in the middle.  Shoes at bottom (when older).

Master Bedroom closet.  (-:

Girls Bedroom Closet.  8 ft long.  Center section for dresses (when older).  Each side section has room for hanging shirts, folded pants etc. and shoes shelves.





9 comments:

  1. I love it all! I can't believe how much time and attention to detail you put into this...despite my daily barrage of emails! The wall colors, trim and FLOORS are straight of every home interior I've ever pinned. I have a kitchen peninsula and have designed that exact addition for seating and to hide my kitchen counters a bit. Wow.

    Tomorrow I'm reorganizing my guest room/office closet..I'm inspired! Oh and we also have a very similar cost closet revamp....Great minds... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the house Misty. It's gorgeous and practical at the same time. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the storage!!! Great job planning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors - my favorite combinations - Blue and White! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it is just amazing and wonderful. I couldn't be happier for you all. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this is AMAZING!! Good for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Misty and Cory! This is awesome! I can't wait to see it in person! I hope you keep all your notes because Melissa and I want to design and build our own house when I retire from the Military (16 years or so.....) Anyways it looks awesome. And I really like everything being so organized. I also love how about 2/3rds of your house is food storage.

    Also, I'm a pretty good aiming coach if your boys need it, I can't help your girls though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the color in your house. This is so fun. I cannot imagine...it must have been so overwhelming, but I am so glad it turned out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Girl, you are amazing!! Good job to Cory too for the tiling! What an amazing, fun house!! Just so many great ideas - how awesome for the kids to have that fun play area!
    I did our kitchen & it was stressful at times. A whole house! I yi yi! Guess starting from fresh would be really fun though.
    How over joyed you all must be. Have fun!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete