Sunday, January 6, 2013

Early January Doings....

So, it has been nearly a year since I've posted here. Lots of excuses, but none of them really good enough.

I've begun reading the Book of Mormon again and was struck while reading the intro that God found it VERY important to record certain things for his children. In fact it says he did so "that they might not be destroyed." Now, yes, I know that could also mean that the plates were hid so they weren't destroyed. But this time when I read it, God wanted it to mean something different to me. I had a very strong impression that it will be spiritually important for my children to have a good record of their childhood.

 So, I'm going to do better. There are a few things that hold me back:
  1. My busy schedule.
  2. My lack of energy when I do finally have "personal time" 
  3. My perfectionism...I don't want to post anything that isn't "book worthy." 
  4. I want to go back and post everything I've missed before moving on.
I'm really going to work on #3. My posts won't be perfect, or beautiful, but they will be here. I may not turn all this into a book for years and years. But I'm going to post and it will at least be here for them to read someday.

And #4 is just keeping me from posting anything.  And I'd rather miss an entire year than two, so I'm just skipping last year for now.  Maybe I'll get back to it eventually....

But for now, here are a few of our doings from last week:

We played a bunch of fun games with tape. Things like tic tac toe with bean bags and drawing a target on the ground with tape. But the overall favorite was the spider web. Here is the before:
and the after:



Hannah started potty training (she's been ready for months...I just keep putting it off):


Potty Power!



Cory and Brandon took the boys to a BYU Volleyball game.  They had a great time.  Noah walked in the door at 9:00 and said "Mom, Do you know which team won?!?!"  And then in his best deep, loud, crazy fan voice with fists pumping in the air said "THE BYU COUGARS DID!"


And our house is making progress!  They've poured the foundation and put in the underground plumbing.  Next week they will do backfill and start framing!  If everything goes according to schedule, we should have a beautiful new home by March 15th!  Yay!


Samantha had her first every ponytail:

  and LOVED showing it off:

The girls and I played while the boys were away at the Volleyball game:


No wonder I get asked more often if the girls are twins than if they boys are!



5 comments:

  1. Yea for you.... I love the stories and the pictures. I know your kids are going to love this someday. You are such a busy mom but you do so many things to give your kids a wonderful life...thanks for remembering it for them. I wish I had done more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was perfect and not only will your children appreciate it, The far away grandma appreciates it as well. So thank you my beautiful hard-working talented daughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a cute family! And I get it about all the reasons you have missed posting on your blog. I am in the same boat. My goal for 2013 is to try and post a weekly update. That seems reasonable. (Even if I don't get in my scrapbook pages - at least I will be able to remember what went on at our house). I look forward to seeing what goes on with your family this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those girls really do look like twins! They've grown up fast since I've seen them! How exciting, a new house! Keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When did your girls get so big?! I can't believe how much older they look! I agree, they look like cute little twins. Totally get you about the blogging too, but I love having the stuff I recorded on my blog. It's crazy how much you forget! I can't believe they can build your house that fast- and in the snow too! I'm so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete